Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pants vs the little things

It really is the little things in life that get us from point A to point B. Like my friend Michelle grabbing me and hugging me first thing this morning. Or my other lovely co-workers who came to check on me, offer hugs and kind words. Their lack of judgement when I would randomly burst into tears was very welcome as well. Tough day back. A lot of stress and not a lot of drive. I'm glad it's a short set on. I took a few days off, so I get 13 days off. Partially for the wedding and partially because I want to spend some time with family since I work all through Christmas.
My routine this morning was all off, I think that set the pace for the rest of the day too. Coming home wasn't as bad as I thought. It helped having her stuff up so I could see it when I walked through the door. It aided in my constant need to go searching for her. Plus, when I sat down to eat dinner my Pvr reminded me that the pretty little liars Christmas episode was on tonight. Which was a much welcomed distraction. Great episode. Almost eases the impatience I have for waiting until January when it comes back from the mid season break.

In other news, I've cancelled two of my planned trips that were coming up. There's too many things holding me back, so those decisions were fairly easy.
Still venturing to Vegas for Easter, as per tradition. Doing all the things we never did the last hundred times we went.
I also booked the consult for my Smokey tribute tattoo next week. Which, thinking about it now, I probably already mentioned. My memory is shot.
But regardless, looking forward to it.
Reckon it's time for slumber. Not even the hockey game can challenge how tired I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment